Jasper Chase | Feb 22, 2021 | 0
29 Hilarious Music Puns – Funny Jokes That Will Hit The Right Notes
New? Start here.
Hear the joyous melody of laughter with some music puns.
Everyone likes laughing to their hearts’ content. Anyone who’s anyone loves music. If you mix the two, then it becomes pure joy.
Jokes of all kinds are hilarious in their own way, but puns are a different kind of funny. They’re so witty and clever (and sometimes so bad), that you can’t stop yourself from laughing.
There are so many music puns in the world, and of course, you would want to share with your family and friends only the best ones. The ones that can get them laughing every time they remember it. Choose from this list of music puns and you’ll be sure to have everyone asking for more.
10 Best music puns
To be completely honest with you, all the music puns in this list are amazing. But, there are just some puns that are better than the others. We’ve compiled them, ready for you to just pick the ones you like. No more work for you.
Here are the 10 best music puns:
1. A quarter note walks into a bar. He sees a dotted half note and says to her, “Baby, you make me whole!”
Who knew these notes had so many cheesy lines with them? Smooth move, quarter note.
2. A drummer had 2 twin girls. He’s called them Anna One and Anna Two.
Should we expect Anna Three and Anna Four soon? Or maybe the drummer’s happy with twin girls.
3. What do you call a musical insect?
They just can’t stop making music.
4. What makes songs but never sings?
It’s easy to think of a songwriter, but the answer is “notes”. Be more creative!
5. What do you call a cow that can play a musical instrument?
Oh, how I wish I was as talented as that cow. To live as a cow that plays musical instruments… what a dream.
6. What kind of music are balloons afraid of?
They can’t take the sound of it. It’s too traumatizing for them.
7. What do you call a musician with problems?
They’re not all about that bass. Sorry, Meghan Trainor.
A trebled man
8. I keep hearing music coming from the printer. I think the paper is jamming.
They didn’t even bother to invite you, huh?
9. Why did the girl sit on the ladder to sing?
How high can she go?
She wanted to reach the high notes.
10. One of my kitchen utensils seems to be playing classical music. Think it’s the Chopin board.
It wants to bring the classics Bach in the kitchen, if that even makes sense.
6 clever music puns
Puns in itself are witty and clever. Admit it. When you hear a pun, you just think, “Wow! How did they come up with that? It’s brilliant!” Puns are even better when they’re clever puns. You just can’t help but be amazed at what kind of brain was able to come up with such clever puns about music.
Here are 6 clever music puns:
11. What do you call a microorganism that listens to classical music?
He doesn’t just listen, he also makes his own classical music. What an amazing microorganism.
12. How is crossing the road like music?
Yes, take notes when crossing the road.
You better C# or else you’ll B♭
13. Middle C, E flat and G walk into a bar. “Sorry,” the barman said. “We don’t serve minors.”
Good thing the barman stood his ground. No minors allowed.
14. How many Altos does it take to screw a lightbulb?
Too bad for them.
None. Because they can’t reach that high.
15. What do you get when you drop a piano on an army base?
Well, what did you expect? The piano’s too heavy.
A flat major.
16. Which composer likes tea the most?
He enjoys Chai tea the most, if it isn’t that obvious yet.
6 short music puns
Short and sweet. Things like that are the best. This applies to short puns about music. The shorter they are, the funnier they might be. You don’t need an essay to make someone laugh.
Here are 6 short music puns:
17. What’s a caveman’s favorite music?
They’re not really into some metal music.
18. What do you call a laughing piano?
You have to laugh every time you say its name.
19. If it’s not baroque don’t fix it
Does that mean only baroque needs fixing?
20. Warning: may contain sax and violins
And some music awesomeness that can’t be denied.
21. Without music, life would B-flat!
But isn’t b-flat also part of music? So what’s it gonna be?
22. K-pop is Seoul music.
I mean, it’s not really wrong.
7 really bad music puns
A list about puns won’t be complete without some really bad puns. I mean, what’s the point in having some music puns with you if you don’t put some really bad ones that make you cringe and laugh at the same time? Sometimes, the really bad ones are the best ones.
Here are 7 really bad music puns:
23. I listen to band named Magma. It’s pretty underground.
It’s so underground you probably never heard of it.
24. Why did the pianist keep banging his head against the keys?
Your hands aren’t the only part of your body that you can use to play the piano.
He was playing by ear
25. It’s weird that Keith Urban sings country music. Wouldn’t Keith Rural be more appropriate?
Don’t give him the idea.
26. Why can’t skeletons play church music?
We all know organs are essential for church music.
Because they have no organs
27. What is the musical part of a snake? The scales.
It’s covered with musical talent, then?
28. What is Santa’s favorite band?
He rocks out to them when he’s in his sleigh, on the way to our houses.
29. Electricians love listening to which classic rock band?
The band reminds them of their love for their work. Good times, good times.
How to Pick the best music puns
With all the great music puns lying around, it’s not a walk in the park to choose the best music puns for you. If only there was a guide you could follow to help you pick the best out of the rest.
Well, it must be your lucky day! We’ve got what you’re looking for. Just follow this helpful guide step-by-step and you’ll be able to come up with your own list of the best music puns to share with your friends and family.
Here is how to pick the best music puns:
1. Consider Your Audience
Remember that when you want to tell some jokes, it’s important to consider who you’re talking to. Some puns might not be something that they’d understand or appreciate. Choose puns that you know they will get right away. They don’t have to laugh at it, then just have to understand it.
It’s easy to pick puns that are fun for you, but do you think your parents would laugh at them? Would your friends find them funny? So think hard about who you’re saying the puns to.
2. Consider Their Humor
Some puns that are funny for adults may not be funny for kids. Consider your audience’s humor. Some dark puns may not get the laughs from them, but those light ones will do.
Don’t just rely on the puns that you think are funny, because each one of us has a different sense of humor. You can mix them up if you’re feeling a little adventurous or if you’re not too sure.
3. Trust Yourself
Puns can be a hit or miss. You have to trust yourself that you can deliver the pun properly. Choose the puns that you know you can say at the right time and right place. There’s an added value when a pun is delivered the right way. You’ll be hearing more laughter. People will appreciate it more if you’re good at cracking jokes. Don’t hesitate and just trust yourself. You can do it.
Downloadable and Printable List of Music Puns
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of music puns (right click the image and select Save Image As…):
More Witty Puns to Share or Start a conversation With
You can never have enough puns. The good thing about that is music puns aren’t the only puns worthy of your and your family and friends’ attention. These other puns will get laughs, that’s for sure.
- Who says math is hard? Math is fun! And it’s especially more fun with these math puns.
- Love is in the air, and puns are in the air. Fill your heart with love puns that make you good inside.
- Merry Christmas! There’s nothing better to bring more holiday cheer to our favorite holiday than some good old Christmas puns. Ho ho ho and ha ha ha your way this Christmas.
Now that you’re totally aware of the different music puns we have to offer, it’s time to test these out to your family and friends.
These music puns can’t guarantee that your family and friends won’t cringe, but they can guarantee a good laugh from them, and that’s all that really matters, right? We hope the next time you see them will be filled with laughter because of these punny puns.